Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Monday, February 14, 2005

Mondayitis

What is the first day after two days of rain? Monday.

How can people get up and go to work every Monday? I've been doing this for almost 35 years, but I haven't figured out how. It's torture. Maybe those people who have really great jobs, who either get paid to do what they would do for free, or simply don't have to do anything, like in a Hugh Grant movie, maybe they jump right up and hustle out the door. Bedroom door, that is.

I have a real nasty alarm clock that puts me in the right mood. M-F it screams, "Get up, jerk, and slog your 40 miles to work. " And so I do. Hate minding an alarm clock. One day last week, I forgot to set it. Slept an extra three minutes.

Getting up requires moving the cat, who sleeps on the corner of the bed. Come to think of it, going to bed requires moving the cat, too. The cat definitely has life down pat. However, in seven more years, Bush forbid and lose my SS, I can be that cat. Or maybe a Hugh Grant character. Something to look forward to.

Now, what to do about Tuesday?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Hey, John--
Boy! I sure could identify with this! In the summer I do away with the alarm clock, but in the winter I need it to get me up to get the heat turned on...

Thanks for the laugh--really needed it--
Brooke--who is currenlty yearning for summer...

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home