Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Friday, January 26, 2007

What goes around...

Interesting turn of events. My new year's resolution has become part of my job. My assignment is to monitor my agency's contribution to the effects of climate change, and facilitate activities with the intent to change. Despite my interest in climate change, I didn't see this coming.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 8. A new section is added to chapter 43.20A RCW (Department of Social and Health Services)
to read as follows:

(1) The department shall evaluate its activities and their effect on the climate in terms of the total amount of greenhouse gases produced.

(2) The department shall report to the legislature every two years, beginning in 2008. The report must include, but is not limited to:

(a) The total amount of greenhouse gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide;

(b) How the department is incorporating the effects of climate changes into its programs and activities;

(c) The interest groups involved with aiding the department in climate change issues; and

(d) The adaptations, activities, and technology used to reduce the effects on climate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home