Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hockie

The (sniff) hockey season passed away admid much sorrow and paycheck loss today. No brawls, lawsuits, life threatening injuries for at least seven months now. And that doesn't even count the part played on the ice.

When I was much (MUCH) younger, I adored the hockey pucks like the Bobby's (Hull and Or) Gordie, Phil, guys who played tough, but not fatal, and games that had more action than fights. Or maybe I was just a kid and didn't notice. Also, these guys played for like $50,000 a year, not $50,000,000. So, what happened? I know what happened to me. I grew up.

Yeah right. I switched to football with legal fights on the field and other guys making $50,000,000. And fantasy leagues where I'm rooting for the wide receiver to get tacked on the one, so my lazy worthless running back can tiptoe it in for six. Last year with all of the leagues I played in, when Culpepper hit Moss for a 50 yard touchdown, they scored six points and I scored 60.

So, will I miss hockey? No, fantasy hockey never caught on. For me anyway. However, less than seven more months and counting for the next fantasy football draft and my 20th season. Hubba, hubba.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Ha...you stole one of my potential topics (thank God, since I know nothing about hockey)...but I DID think someone should blog about whether anyone cares about its passing...I'm pretty certain no one in L.A. noticed.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home