Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Topsy Turvy

Time for my weekly American Idol blog. This week seems to be a turnaround.

Carrie sang country, country, a bit too country for me. Almost wondered where her pickup truck was. B-

Bo is a rocker, hard rock type, and I'm certain he loves the screaming stuff. So what, he probably is good. I'm not a fan, though. B+

Vonzell sang something, but other than she is very cute, she doesn't rock my boat. C

Anthony sang Dion - best he has done. He should sing Dion more often. A-

Constantine stunk. He doesn't rock when he rocks, and doesn't rock as much as Bo, and when he doesn't rock, he is so much better than he does rock. C---

Scott - Working guy, get a job. More important. Go home. D

My bottom three: Scott, Constantine, Vonzell
Their bottom Three: Scott, Anthony, Vonzell

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Hate to say it, but Simon is often brutally right. Wasn't it Vonzell about whom he said he was afraid the performance might not have come across so well on TV--that it was noisy in the studio so it might have sounded better to them? I think he was right...cuz she didn't so good at all in some parts. And, that's what I have to say about ALL of them. None of them seem to be able to sing a song without hitting some real clinkers.

Constantine--I just can't stand his schtick...and his "call me" thing to the camera when he stands next to Seacrest

Vonzell--if she blows one more kiss, I'll scream...although I have to say she LOOKED luminescent tonight!

Carried sounded good but it was a nothing song.

In fact, they were all nothing songs...except Anthony's. I think I'm just a sucker for a ballad, but it seems to me that a POWERFUL ballad (not just any ol' ballad)--one with those great dramatic long notes-- are crowd pleasers every time.

I think Anthony is highly underrated. Plus, he's such a nice kid.

Well, they all seem like pretty nice kids...except maybe Scary Guy (Scott)

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home