Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Life sucks, day three

Today I spent preparing response papers for an complaint. The complaint isn't against me, and normally I wouldn't even know about it, but nevertheless. My boss must think that I write better than anyone else in his world, because writing is my new occupation.

But, as a secretary, I suck. I made an extra copy of all the backup materials (19 attachments) because I thought someone might need one. So, each attachment nicely stapled and in proper order, I submitted with ten minutes to spare. Turns out the assignment needed four copies, not one, and the secretary had to unstaple all of them and recopy. Then she found a typo, repeated word, of course my fault, and she had to redo all of the packets. It was like, if I didn't do anything, it would have been an improvement.

Anyway, I actually have a full time job that doesn't even have anything to do with the complaint, and seven hours into the day, I started on my lunch and tried to remember what I set out to do. Oh well.

While grocery shopping after work, (actually was only a ten hour day today) on the way in I noticed an old lady trying to use a coat hanger to get into her car. On the way out, she was still trying. It dawned on me, who is usually a sucker to try to help and then end up driving the "victim" somewhere, that I didn't have enough energy to even say hi and I'm sorry. Oh well doesn't seem to cut it on this one.

Certainly would be nice to once in a while, have something positive happening. Guess I need to polish off the positive part now growing lint in my back pocket and give a better accounting for myself tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home