Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 21, 2005

OA vs. MAA vs. YA

Vacation thoughts:

If Old Adults are over 65
and Middle Aged Adults are 40-64
and Young Adults are 16-25,
what are the 25-40 set called?

My insurance moved me from the under 70 set to the 56-69 set, which lowered my rate. The ratings also say that no one under 25 can ever drive one of my cars. It probably helps that I don't even know anyone under 25 with a drivers license.

Movies can be R rated if only the language puts them there. I wish some conversations could be R rated. I used to work in construction as the gopher (a very long, long, long time ago, like 40 years or so). I would have to ask the gopheree to just say nouns when they wanted me to get something, because they used so many descriptive adjectives and turned them into nouns, I could not figure out what they wanted. I was quite amazed what they thought tools were capable of.

Construction guys lived that language, and most never saw the inside of a college or even got to twirl their tassel (HS grad). However, where I work now (a very short, short, short time ago, like last week), the people, virtually all with MS or PhD sub-titles in social stuff, talk just about the same way. I'm sharing vacation with my five dogs, who all bark a lot. But, not one of them has barked a single bark deserving an R rating.

I don't drink beer, ever. But, I'm still fat. Actually the health ratings for my height and age say I have to lose 20 pounds before I can consider myself merely fat.

I walked four and a half miles today in one outing. I started out on Saturday at at two separate half mile outings and worked up to it. I've managed to lose a pound. At this rate, if I can walk four miles a day until Christmas, I'll finally be fat again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home