Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm in NY

Upstate, where the grapes grow, the cows moo, and the roads are all two-lane and empty. I'm visiting my son Erin, who just bought a house.

I'm trying to get good pictures from my new camera, but it is a challenge. It has an autofocus, which takes some getting used to in that it wants to think about every picture and decide what is important to focus on. I get great pictures of two little bitty people in a background of fuzz, when I didn't care about the people. But, I interrupted it before it had completely made it's decision. Shooting from a moving car, some things are perfect, others are a complete blur. I'm learning to be patient. However, the plus side is the resolution is incredible. I can blow the pics up to 20x20 and the detail is perfect. At about 2.5 MP a shot, My 1 GB flash card is good for 400 pics.

I'm at Hobart and William Smith Colleges writing this. It is a very beautiful school in Geneva. Erin is a chemistry professor here. I'll post some pics when I get home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

I LOVE the first sentence of this post. Makes me wanna go there immediately. :)

And I'm still insanely jealous over your new camera purchase. :(

Have fun with your son! (Are you helping to line shelves and stuff?)

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home