Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A little behind

Which isn't what I got, but is what I am.

The job, the job, the job, the job.

Today I missed an important meeting with my boss, flat out missed it. Of course the reason I missed it was because I was working on a project for his boss. But, no excuses. I wonder what goes though a boss's mind when one of his employees doesn't show up. Since I'm a boss, too, at least to my employees, I should know. But, somehow I don't. Whatever that macho, huhhhhh, show up or die, well, I just don't have it.

Not that I'm Pattie push over either, but I try not to inflict pain on people who fail if I know they are trying.

Just wish I could try a little less hard and do more.

Meanwhile, back at the blog, I'm a chapter behind. So, catch up time tomorrow. Idol doesn't come on until nine, so I have a whole hour between the time I crawl home and get ready to watch it.

And these people who can stay up until two, well somebody's got to watch whatever is on then, cause it ain't me.

Go Carrie, Constantine, Bo, Anthony, Nadia, and Jess. May you be the top six. Go home, Scott.

2 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Oh, come on...I like Scott. Although, I can't say who I'd like to see go home...I'm wishy washy that way.

By the way, I watch Howard Stern late at night...sometimes Cheers reruns...you're not missing much at 2 a.m.

10:25 AM  
Blogger John said...

Where I work, you are not rated on your abilities, or on how well the organization is doing, or if things are going well, or even if there is enough funding. Because where I work, you aren't rated.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home