Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My kid is getting old

Today is my older son's 33rd birthday. When I was 33, we celebrated his tenth birthday, probably at some place like Chuck E Cheeze. And went to work the next day. In contrast, he is on spring break. No, he isn't a student anymore, he is a PhD college chemistry professor. However, the key word is college. When the students go on spring break (Florida for instance) the professors also go on spring break. Hmmm. Kind of gets to keep the kid part going, for life. I know he works his tail off trying to cram stuff into mush minds. But, still, he gets spring break. Like I'm missing some component of fun and will all my adult life. Oh, I had a spring break. The last one I had I spent digging ditches for my father. Not exactly the same as going to Florida. Interesting that he is spending his birthday and spring break climbing the mountain above the town I dug ditches in 36 years ago. Life goes on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

You DO get vacations though, right? Just schedule one during Spring break. Like I did with the 3-day cruise. Felt right at home with all the Spring breakers...but I DID wonder why the hell I never went anywhere for Spring break...I mean, out of 6 years of college, I had 6 of them...and nothing to show for it! No wild days at "the River"...no riding in convertibles taking my bikini top off in Palm Springs...where the hell was I?

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home