Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Italy - the food country

I'm listening to an audio book, The Broker, which mostly takes place in Italy. As Gresham does his detail, this book focuses on the language and the food. He makes even the mondane life in Italy sound like so much more fun than any other, just from the effort they put into eating.

One of my favorite movies, Romance of course, is Only You, where the Italian scenery and the discussion of the dinners almost steal the show from the cute couple. If only they could pronounce the food.

In Under the Tuscan Sun, cooking is one of the things Diane Lane conquers in her villa, and harvesting olives appears to be her other source of income.

The Tour of Italy at the Olive Garden is probably my favorite "canned" menu item. So, I'm easy.

I would love to go to Italy and taste the food, if only they didn't all smoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home