Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

American Idollatree

Yeah, I watch American Idol. I just "love" Simon the terrible.

Watched the guys Monday and the girls Tuesday. As with any subjective contest, beauty, or in this case, something (singing? chrisma? showboating?) is in the eye of the beholder.

Have a soft spot for the guy with the trach, the tallest guy with the smile, the school teacher, and the guy with the hat. I didn't like all the guys trying to be Stevie Wonder.

The girls were harder to remember, or many of them hadn't been seen before. I liked the country singer and the girl in the green top, even with her tummy showing. (They all blew her off as being boring). I didn't like the skinny girl with the frizz top, whom they adored. Or the last girl in that really awful dress. Guess it is a good thing I'm not a judge.

May be that if any of the ones I like stay for awhile, I will even remember their names. Not so good so far. So much for their impact on this fan. I wonder if anyone I know actually votes. I don't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

I LOVE American Idol! I was gonna blog about it today, but no one I know admits to watching it. The guys are definitely a couple of notches above the girls this year (this is only the second season I've watched). The blonde country female singer has a stunning voice; I'm a whole lot less sure who I like on the boys' side...if you lump backstory in with it, I like the voice teacher with the dreadlocks, the trach guy, and the overweight guy who Simon told would be thrown out of every record company office in the world...and, I agree, the Stevie Wonder route isn't working. I taped tonight's show and haven't watched yet...off to see what happened!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home