Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Ritabit

Tomorrow is my writers conference, three days and two nights at the beach in summery rain-free Washington. Temps predicted at 60s with nary a cloud clouding the horizon. The best part will be leaving the day job to fend for itself until Monday. Not that I won't be feeling I should be working on occasion, but when I do, I'll just relax until the feeling goes away. Nothing that won't be there waiting for me when I come back.

My favorite thing to do is shop among the other writers, find a good book, and get comfortable by the fire. Sure, I could do this at home, except maybe for the five barkaholics contributing to the decomfort part. Plus there is stuff to be done, housework, carwork, yardwork. Doesn't quite add up to the comfy part. Not that I do any of the stuff; just can't get comfy thinking about it. However, being away from everything contributes to the not having to do anything atmosphere guilt free.

Classes are usually interesting and worse - motivating. Get all psyched up about writing. Get those juices flowing. Get ready, and go back to work Monday. THUD.

However, that's another day. I'm still in the looking forward mode, like the day before Christmas, not the day when the after-Christmas bills come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home