Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Location, Location, Location

The story is about a girl, Novas, and her life as a Catholic Nun. The first part is an introduction to where she currently is, in a refugee camp in Africa. Like in a mission or something.

To continue my effort at writing the story, I needed a place for the teeth to take place. So, I snooped in handy, dandy, Google and in ten seconds had a very nice Catholic Mission in Africa. I didn't know whether or not such a concept of a mission even still occured. Of course I won't use the name and will populate with nuns and a father, but it is a start. Especially the medical attention part.

Buduburam Liberian Refugee Camp (Outside Accra)-SMA lay missionaries from the French, Dutch and American Provinces serve at the refugee camp. Currently they provide medical care, crafts projects, projects for women, occupational therapy for children and adults with disabilities, projects for deaf children, and more. They minister to and assist the Liberian refugees in obtaining necessary medical attention.

So, I have a setting. Next, find an Eastern European country with ties to Africa and a draft. This is a romance, so what would be better than a romance between a nun and an Eastern European diserter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home