Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Goodbye

Today our office secretary died.

She was a little lady, who's smile warmed up everyone in the morning, and whose power walks set an example for everyone. She loved her role as a secretary, taking care of the rest of us.

Even as her illness ravaged her, she never lost her smile, and her desire to be positive. Her last day a couple of months ago, she came to visit me in my cube, about a 50 foot walk, and rested for awhile, before reminding me of something I was supposed to do. She said it with a smile and a question, "You'll take care of it?" My response was, "I will." It was our last conversation.

Janet, I already miss you. And although I only knew you at work, your spirit was so much more. When I think of you, I smile, cause your smile is what you left me with. I don't think you could have done better.

Fare well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Ah, John. I am sorry to read this. It's always so hard when we lose someone who is part of our lives...even if we only knew them through the workplace or the grocery store, etc.

The world becomes a bit lonier...

9:24 PM  
Blogger Pamela Tyner said...

That’s a lovely tribute.

Sounds like she was a wonderful lady.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home