Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Tagged?

Randy Jean decided I needed to participate in this tag thing.

Total Number Books I Own: About 2,000 give or take one or two

Last Book Read: The Broker - And page upon page of Runners Book Two on my screen

Books on My Coffee Table I'm Planning To Read: I don't have a coffee table, but I do have a book backup:
The Da Vinci Code (or not)
The Cloister Walk
Back Roads (which is in the re-read section)
Deadly Aim
From the Garden of Memory
Secrets, Lies, and Alibis
Two Terry Brooks Books (I'm behind)
State of Fear
The Wedding
A Father for All Seasons
Dying To Kill

Five Books That Mean A Lot to Me:
1. Bible (is that a book or 66?)
2. Diana (my most read novel, I have a first edition hard bound, mint condition - I read the paperbacks - four, very worn out)
3. Lord of the Rings (read it every year since 1972 - I smuggled hard bound copies of all four from Taiwan, original printing in that country - they cost a dollar)
4. Sword of Shannera (Terry Brooks first - have a signed copy of one of his books)
5. Runners (all right, it's my book, but I've been living in and out of it for more than 15 years)

Not going to tag anyone. Haven't passed on tag (or one of those must send or die types) yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

?? What's Diana? What's the Shannara series?

And, you're right; I forgot to say how many books I own. At one time (when I was about 20) I owned over 800 romance novels. They're in the garage. Hate to say it but I read a lot less in my 20's, 30's, and 40's...and when I read something I really liked, I passed it on. Oh--I still have all my college texts--do they count?

8:16 AM  
Blogger John said...

Shannara is a series of fantasy books (about 20) by Terry Brooks, who lives about 60 miles from me, part time anyway.

H.R. Delderfield wrote Diana and a series of books about England from the 1920s-50s. Two of his books, To Serve Them All My Days, and A Horseman Riding By, are miniseries.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home