Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Car no trouble

Today was so much different.

Sailed again across the bridge, knocking five minutes off my trip from yesterday. Service guy said, "Good morning, Mr. Pelkey," and took my key.

"You know me?"

"Yeah, from last time. You look about the same." Last time was eight months ago. "Everything looks good. Be about an hour. Have some coffee at the bar, or soda and juice in the fridge."

"An hour?" That sounded good.

"Or more. Depends on what we find."

That sounded not good. He printed out something from my key.

"Was it 200 miles?"

"Don't know. Didn't check. We reset it anyway. Not something we track."

"Are you going to check my key settings?"

He scanned the computer. "The settings are the ones you asked for when you purchased the car."

Way too easy.

An hour later, he waved me in from the waiting room. "We did find a problem."

Here it comes.

"One of your wiper blades was slightly bent. Probably not doing a good job of wiping."

"Did you fix it?"

"Well, no."

Did he want money?

"We just replace them. Nothing to worry about." He must have seen the look on my face.

"Any other problems?" Just in case.

"The guy who washed and vaccumed your car found a bee jammed in your grill. Really jammed good. Had to blow it out with an air hose. Nothing else I can think of."

As he handed me my key, he said, "You got a nice little car there, Mr. Pelkey. You are keeping it in really good shape. Take the brakes, for instance. They start with a rating, we call 12. Normally we replace them about every 50,000 miles when they get down to a three. At 55,000 miles, your brakes are a 10. So, keep driving the way you are, and you will get 150,000 more miles on them. You are a good driver, Mr. Pelkey. Shows in the car. Everything is still like brand new. You should get another 150,000 miles out of your car with no trouble."

I'm a good driver. No one has ever told me that before. Brakes are a 1o. Never had anything that was a 10 before either.

I felt like I did when the Mariners scored 10 runs in the bottom of the ninth with two outs to win. Wait a minute. The Mariners have never done that. Now, I know how I would feel if they ever did.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Hey Mr. Good Driver! See your M's are currently leading...but...it is only the 2nd inning...a lot could happen..........

7:40 PM  
Blogger John said...

Like not getting out of the second inning, for example.

Once, they were ahead by 14 in the seventh inning and lost by 3, so anything can happen. It was the most torturous of all games I've watched. Better to be skunked.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Tis true...very, very disheartening when they fall apart that way... However...I see we are in the 5th...and they are still holding on.............

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home