Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Why are people stupid?

Found out last week that when my former boss was telling me I was being investigated, she was lying to me. Why would somebody be that mean? I know guys are supposed to be macho and able to tough out poorly contructed interactions by others, but I'm not. I really thought she was a very nice person and believed what she told me. I actually cared about her, even while she was lying to me. Guess that makes me stupid or something, a guppy in the fish food chain. Does my former boss care?

My sister's school was almost shot up a couple of weeks ago. The kids planning to do the deed were practicing when one shot the other. Although arrested, the judge let the shooting kid go home to his parents. If the kid was planning to shoot up a school, which most likely would have ended with others dead and him either dead or in jail forever, why would anyone let him go? Who is stupid, the judge, or me for thinking the judge is missing a couple of cylinders in his engine? Does the kid care? Does the judge care?

Yesterday, some kids had an all night rave party, ending with many of them dead, for no apparent reason other than one of the party goers decided to take everyone out, including himself. It was so useless and stupid. Why would parents even allow their kids to be out all night doing anything? One mom was interviewed and said she didn't know if her kid was alive, but if she was, she was grounded for life. Somebody should have grounded the parent for life. Does the parent care?

If life is meaningless without God, even with God it is a struggle to comprehend it. I don't want to equate caring with stupid, but today am falling a bit short.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Saw the story on Drudge about the party shooting in Seattle which got me to thinking about you. Decided to head on over to your blog and...wow! You've been blogging! Good for you!

I certainly don't understand anything about why your former boss would have lied about the investigations. Can you see any possible motive?? I don't profess to know anything about public bureaucracies, but what did she stand to gain?

As for the Seattle event and the kids who planned to shoot-up the school...scary stuff.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home