Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'm back, sort of

Been a couple of months (six.5) since my last blog. I wanted to wait until I got another job, which I finally did and it starts next week. I'm still in the State of Wash, still in the state of DSHS, and still in the state of fiscalness. I'm moving from social programs to dirt and structures, formally called the Lands and Buildings Division. I will be fiscalling around in the Capital Programs Office.

The last six months have been like being placed on administrative leave, except I had to go to work. I mostly did what I could think of work wise for those last six months, with an occasional, "Can you do this?" thrown in. My only real assignment was to find another job, which I now have done. Mission accomplished.

I did do a couple of things to earn my keep. I found a couple million in extra revenue in an administration I volunteered to snoop in. They were happy for the possibility of getting more money. I also found an equilivant amount of double dipping in another administration. They were happy to ignore my report. I laid the ground work for some fiscal revolting against tryanny and oppressive number hiders, which in government is as common as computers. If the revolt happens, it might be cool, seeing working stiffs break out of their mushroom mode and get to know what's going on in their own programs, as long as I don't get sucked back into it.

The most exciting part of the last six months are two investigations of allegations against me, which seem only to be in theory, as in those six months they have been open, nothing has happened. So, something to blog about in the future, should I actually be told what happens, or for that matter, even find out what I'm accuesed of. Isn't life great?

Since I haven't blogged in six months, I don't expect anyone to stop by and actually read this. But, if somebody does, feel free to say so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home