Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Road Rage - the saga continues

Today was a two parter. I have two lights between my parking space and the freeway. The first is about 4.5 minutes against, 30 seconds for. I was the fifth car back, and the light can run twelve through if everyone cooperates. Well, the fourth position lady was busy multi-tasking on the phone and shuffling stuff and didn't notice the light change for about five seconds, when the driver behind me notified her. So, she threw her stuff down and moved up to the light while it was still green and stopped. The guy behind me is the mayor of honk city, so it is continous. She waits until the light turns yellow, then zips through, followed by me through the slightly orange light, and the guy behind me goes through fire engine red. The second light is about 200 feet from the first, and geared in sync. However she stops at the first blush of yellow, so we all stop. I'm thinking if she is going to sit through the green again, but no, halfway through the red, away she goes. This is very wierd. People in Washington are as guilty as any other place running red lights, but not usually right in the middle. If she is color blind, maybe she could learn top is stop and bottom is go.

So onward to home. I drive through a small town, where the road out actually is cleverly hidden from the casual out of stater. It requires a right turn, left turn, and right turn, all at unmarked intersections (if you want to avoid lights) and down a road that looks like a dead end. I was the second car behind a California driver, who turned right and left, then went, whoa, this doesn't look like a highway (not even a center line stripe). He stops in the middle of the corner and pulls out a map. Now, there is plenty of space to pull off the road, but not an option. The driver in front of me pulls up next to him and rolls down his window. Looks like he is trying to help, because we all know the state/county/city can't afford a road sign. But, the CA driver guns it, taking off about 20,000 miles from his tires and does a CA signature stop at the place for the right, and goes straight. The driver in front of me pumps his fist out the window, yeah right, and we all turn right. The CA guy isn't a complete zero, notices no one is following him and U's just as I turn. However, he has to wait out the rest of the group turning right and gets to join the back of the line. One of the drivers behind me thinks it's Sunday and they disappear from my rear view mirror. I can just see the CA guy fuming for the next ten miles down a two-line road with no place to pass. Cool.

So, the first needs a DWF citation, Driving While Female, and needs to take Remedial Pay Attention class or probably will cause an accident or some more road rage. The mayer of honk city needs a DWM, Driving While Male, and needs to take an Anger Management class or he will be the road rager. The CA driver also needs a DWM citation, Driving While Male, and needs to take a Asking Directions class and a Gas Petel Containment class. Me, I need to take a class on How to Avoid These People. This is now the third time in three weeks I've been between the road rager and the ragee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Funny! Well, in the way you wrote it, I mean.

Yep...we all better think about staying off the roads as much as possible.

I was stopped at an intersection the other day when the left turn signal went green so the lady next to me plowed into the car ahead of her. Ooops. Sorry, lady. SOMETHING turned green, yes. Just not the light in front of YOU.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home