Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Final Four (May Madness?)

As with March Madness, my picks for American Idol are long gone now. But, unlike the basketball ending, no singer is looking like Florida. More so each week, they seem to be emulating a contest to see who can improve the least. Paris, who wasn't the worst singer, but who probably was the least marketable at her current age, leaves Katherine alone with the three guys. Hopefully, she will prevail, not that I buy any CDs at my old age. However, I can't see any of the guys being the next Carrie Underwood. More like the next Ruben Studdard.

Although I'm certain this isn't important, this is the worst of the American Idol seasons, and may be the turning point for downhill. With reality show saturation, this would not break my heart. I've been through comedy (Sid, Phil, and Lucy - boy, am I old), variety (Ed, Steve, Carol), Western (Roy, Ben, Bret, Chester, Ward, Clint - lots of westerns), the father-figure led family (Ozzie, Beaver, Shelly), detective (Kojak, Bret again, squinty eye), Soap (D, D2, Knots, Billy Crystal), the sit-com family (Dr. H, Michael J, the bar in Boston), the do-nothing family-free sit-com (Kramer, Joey), and now the reality era (Colleen, Ramber, Hung), combating crime scenes "dem bones" and "is there a doctor in the house" for the top spot. Wonder what is coming next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home