Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Channel Bouncing

Tonight it was a bounce between watching the Mariners and American Idol. I prefer American Idol for the most part, except for a couple of singers. For the Mariners, I like watching Ichiro bat, after that it trails off.

Sexton complained the other day that Ichiro took off running during his at bat. He forgot to mention for his last at bat, he took a called third strike for the third out while Ichiro languished at second. Sometimes when Ichiro runs, bad things happen. However, when he doesn't run, nothing happens.

The Mariners, now behind 11-0, play about as good as Kelly Pickler sings. Hopefully, between the two, only one will be around to torment next week. Although, if Kelly lasted another week because Taylor got voted out, I would be OK. Not much the Mariners can do, except make all of the other teams happy to be playing them. Not much American Idol can do, except hope the finalist can sing a little bit. Bo and Constintine were in the wrong competition. They would have been 1-2 in this one.

My American Idol top four: Paris, Mandisa, Katherine, Lisa. Oops, two are missing. Just like Kelly's and Taylor's singing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

You've got to be kidding!! And who's Lisa? Is she one who's gone?? Nope, it's the guys who have this one. 'Course I can't remember their names, but the guy who sang last (who always sings last cuz he's the show-stopper) and even the other guy. Kelly has a lot more talent than you give her credit for--it's just raw and needs developing. Katherine has lots of talent that seems formally trained but it's uneven...she really pushed her range too high tonight.

10:59 PM  
Blogger John said...

Well, Kellie got hers, so I wasn't the only disappointed fan. The rest may not be getting better, but Kellie was getting worse. I don't think Chris and Paris deserve to be in the bottom three, but someone has to, I guess. It's about four times for Paris, who now looks like next week's loser no matter what she does.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

LOL...I'm afraid I'm not a watcher of AMERICAN IDOL either...just never started watching it. I know my staff was upset when the last guy got booted (his name escapes me...it is 1AM after all and I should have been asleep long ago...), and cheered when Kelly got hers.

As for baseball, the Pads are in the tank also...but it *is* only April, after all. There is still hope...

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home