Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Maybe I'm on a roll - or not

Snooped through blogs with the tag "The Da Vinci Code" and found this one

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060428/en_nm/vatican_davinci_dc_3

The most interesting comment to me was:

In his address to the group, Amato said Christians should be more willing "to reject lies and gratuitous defamation."

He said that if "such lies and errors had been directed at the Koran or the Holocaust they would have justly provoked a world uprising."

He added: "Instead, if they are directed against the Church and Christians, they remain unpunished."

This sums up my previous blog opinion about catholics. If I don't think exactly how their second most important person thinks, I must be punished. Which is what the catholic church was able to do right up until they lost power. I embrace The Da Vinci Code, not because I agree with it, which I don't, but because it enables (in some cases forces) people to think, compared to the established religion's preference of "don't think."

How can any one think someone's different opinion, called "lies or errors" here, should "justly provoke" anything? I'm invoking the he who is without sin, chuck the first rock theory. This isn't just for followers of Christ, but followers of the Torah and the Koran. If you read your own writing, the focus is not on kill everyone who doesn't perfectly agree with you. If that were the case, only one person could be left alive, and that person would have to commit suicide half the time.

Let people think. If the cream flows to the top, and the crap to the bottom, let the process happen. Even with the Da Vinci Code, God is still in charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home