Pelkey's Prattle

Writing as fast as I can, except here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Allyn, Washington, United States

Writing: Two coming of age Novels published: Catching the Wind and Runners Book One. Find them at Authorhouse, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Find pics at my pic blog spot: http://pelkeyspictures.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

600 miles without a single road rage

I drove to Spokane and back over the weekend, in the 90-105 degree weather. The most surprising thing was the abundance of cars on the west side of Washington and the lack on the east side. But, both sides were in good moods. Everyone got along OK as we inched into and out of Seattle. But, getting to the east side, almost wanted to wave at the other cars just for their company.

One of the more interesting things in the land of empty space is cruise control. I set mine to 74, low enough to never interest a cop, and cruised for 200 miles. The only problem were the drivers who set their cruise control to 74.5 and would take 10 miles to pass me. It is wierd watching a car go by one inch at a time. I can't quite do it the other way. If I caught someone going 73.5, I sped up and passed them. Otherwise, they would end up climbing up the tail of some semi waiting for me to finish. Of course the 74.5ers don't that for me. Only I'm not patient enough to wait and instead I speed up and pass, then slow, which means they have to do it all over again. However, it gave us all something to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

I'm at work without your email addy...what I did: went back to the post that contained the picture of the cover, switched it to html editing, copied and pasted the entire url html stuff for the jpeg into a space just below the profile stuff in my template. Did that make sense? I ended up with the word "Link" below the picture, went into template again and found that and changed the word "link" to "coming soon etc. etc."

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home